chicken breasts (about 4 breasts)
1-pound sliced bacon
2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut each bacon slice in half.
- Wrap each chicken cube with bacon and secure with a wooden pick.
- Stir together brown sugar and chili powder.
- Dredge wrapped chicken in mixture.
- At this point, pieces may be put into a container and stored in the fridge for later or the next day.
- Coat a rack over a pan or a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken wrap on rack or broiler pan.
- Bake 350 for 35 minutes and up to an hour or more - depending on the thickness of your bacon -- until bacon is crisp. (Keep checking - cut into one if necessary.)
- Again, at this point cooked product can be put into a container, refrigerated and then microwaved later, or frozen and then thawed and microwaved later.
Use your favourite dipping sauce -- I like to use a sun dried tomato salad dressing. I double the recipe and keep it on hand in the refrigerator for dips, salads, sandwich spread, etc.