2 tbls. cooking oil
1 good sized onion
4 slices bacon chopped
2 cloves fresh chopped garlic
1 cup each frozen peas and mixed frozen vegetables
2 medium green onions chopped
1/2 tsp Chinese 5 spice
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
4 squirts soy sauce
Fresh ground pepper to taste
Cook rice and refrigerate over night. Just before wok frying (see below) take a fork and fluff up the rice so that there are no clumps in it.
- Beat eggs and cook in large skillet completely covering bottom. When cooked slice in quarter inch pieces about 4 inches long. Set aside.
- Chop bacon to about 1/2 inch pieces. Fry until cooked but not too crispy. Set aside.
- In wok over highest heat possible, pour in 2 tablespoons or so of cooking oil. When oil is almost smoking hot, add chopped garlic for seasoning. Remove garlic when it turns brown.
- Add onions to wok. Stir constantly until onions turn transparent.
- Add rice and stir & flip constantly until the rice starts to brown.
- Squirt soy sauce & dribble oyster sauce over rice and stir until evenly distributed.
- Add cooked bacon and stir.
- Sprinkle 5 spice and stir in.
- Add green onion and frozen vegetables. Stir constantly until vegetables are cooked.
- Finally, stir in the shredded egg & pepper to taste.