1/2 cup prepared pesto
1 can of niblets corn
1/3 cup raw sunflower
1 tablespoon sugar
1 head green leaf lettuce,
washed and torn
1 cup sliced fresh peaches
1 cup fresh raspberries
1/2 cup shredded sharp
white cheddar cheese
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- In a large zip baggie, combine the chicken and the pesto. Refrigerate for several hours. Remove the chicken from the zip bag and grill over medium heat until done. Place in container* and refrigerate until ready to eat the salad the next day.
- Spray a cookie sheet with Pam and spread drained niblets over the pan. Cook for 15 - 20 minutes until some niblets browned.
- Remove niblets from pan, place in same container* as chicken, and respray with Pam if necessary. Spread sunflower seeds over pan and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar over sunflower seeds. Cook for 15 - 20 minutes. Place in same container* as cooked niblets/chicken and into the fridge overnight.
- When ready to eat salad next day, tear lettuce onto serving plate(s).
- Spread chicken, corn & sunflower seeds over the salad(s).
- Add sliced peaches, raspberries and cheese.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinaigrette dressing on top.
- Serve immediately.