2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup canola or other vegetable oil
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
¼ tsp salt
3 medium, very ripe bananas, mashed
½ cup milk + ½ tsp balsamic vinegar (set aside five minutes to curdle)
- Mash bananas.
- Add all the other ingredients to the bananas and mix until smooth.
- Do not over beat, though.
- Oil & flour bundt pan and add mixture
- Bake 1 hour in a 350-degree oven or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Place on a rack to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Leave on the rack to cool thoroughly before frosting.
- Just prior to frosting cut the bundt cake into two levels.
- Place the bottom level on a cake stand or flat dish.
- Take about 1/2 of the frosting (recipe follows) and using a spatula spread it evenly across the surface.
- Litter surface of bottom half and frosting with chopped peanuts.
- Carefully place the top half of the cake on top of the bottom half.
- Take the remaining icing and evenly frost the top and sides.
- Garnish with more chopped, roasted peanuts.
Peanut Butter Frosting
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
250 grams cream cheese (softened)
1½ tbsp butter or margarine (softened)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1½ cups confectioners (powdered) sugar
- Place the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a handheld or stand mixer until everything’s combined.
- Adjust texture by adding more confectioners sugar or a few dashes of cream.