2 1/2 teaspoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 1/2 cups Risotto Rice
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1 cup of baby spinach chopped into bite
- Place stock in pot and cook until it starts to simmer.
- Reduce heat to low to keep hot.
- Heat butter the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Add rice.
- Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add 1/2 cup stock mixture to rice mixture.
- Cook, stirring, until stock has absorbed.
- Repeat with remaining stock, 1/2 cup at a time, until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender and creamy.
- Add the sage and lemon rind
- Stir parmesan into risotto.
- Add spinach.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.