Half a box (or so) of "No pre-cooking" lasagna noodles
1 large can Hunt's original spaghetti sauce
1 regular can Hunt's lasagna (or meat loaf or pizza) sauce
1 pound of ground beef
1 small bag frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, beans & corn)
1 large size ricotta cheese
grated parmesan cheese
Shelley makes it in two small sized cake pans. One of the cake pans is deep, one is shallower. Thus, in the deep cake pan she makes an extra layer. (3 layers of leaves in shallow pan and four layers in deep pan).
Put ground beef in frying pan and do seven shakes of each spice over the burger. Fry and break up burger, turning over until done.
Pour 2 or three tablespoons of sauce on the bottom of the two cake pans.
Layer "no pre-cooking necessary" lasagna leaves over sauce. Shelley breaks them as necessary to fill in the gaps.
• Sprinkle broken up ricotta cheese over leaves.
• Sprinkle handful of mixed vegetables over cheese
• Sprinkle spatula full of cooked burger over vegetables
• Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over vegetables
• Layer "no pre-cooking necessary" lasagna leaves over vegetables
• Spread 2 or 3 tablespoons of sauce over leaves.
Repeat above layering until pan full.
Pour remaining sauce over leaves.Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over sauce
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in 350 F or 180 C oven.
Freezes great - four pieces per pan - individually wrapped!
Microwave straight from freezer. 7 minutes