1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
hot pepper flakes to taste (1/2 -
1-1/2 teaspoon of apple cider
3/4 teaspoon sugar
2 cups diced small potatoes
1 (14.75 oz.) can corn,
drained or 1-3/4 cups
1 (14.75) can Creamed Corn
1 small Rotisserie Chicken,
shredded, about 3-4 cups
(or, of course, cook your
2 cups milk
2 cups chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
Avocado to garnish
- In large pot over medium heat sauté diced onion until soft, 7-8 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue sautéing for 2 more minutes.
- Add hot pepper flakes, apple cider vinegar, sugar, diced potatoes, and can of drained corn (do not add the creamed corn yet). Stir mixture in pot and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove half the mixture from the pot and transfer to a blender. Pulse mixture in blender until pureed and add back to the pot, stirring to combine.
- Add in broth, milk and chicken and simmer for about 30 minutes until the potatoes are soft and flavours combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with diced avocado.