10 ounces Apple jelly or Apple Sauce
2 tablespoons Tapioca (for thick sauce if desired)
1 tablespoon Vinegar
1 Egg, beaten
1/4 cup Seasoned bread crumbs, fine
2 tablespoons Milk
1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder or a chopped small red onion
1 pound Ground turkey or pork
Non-stick vegetable spray
- In crockery cooker: stir together barbecue sauce, jelly, tapioca (if used), and vinegar.
- Cover; cook on high-heat setting while preparing meatballs.
- For meatballs, in large bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, milk, garlic powder, salt, and onion powder (or onion).
- Add ground turkey or pork and mix well.
- Shape into 1/2 to 3/4-inch meatballs.
- Spray a 12-inch non-stick skillet; add meatballs and brown on all sides over med. heat.
- Drain meatballs.
- Add meatballs to crock pot; stir gently.
- Cover; Cook on high heat setting for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Makes 16-20 meatballs.