in 1-inch pieces
1/2 pound small zucchini, cut in 1/2-inch
1 green bell pepper, cut in chunks
4 fresh firm tomatoes, cut in chunks
1 1/2 to 2 cups cauliflower flowerets,
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
chopped parsley or Parmesan cheese
- Cook all zucchini and green beans, separately, just until tender-crisp.
- Drain and combine in a large saucepan with green pepper, tomato chunks, and blanched cauliflower.
- Mix flour, oil, lemon juice, sugar and salt; pour over mixed vegetables in the saucepan.
- Bring vegetables and sauce to a simmer and simmer for a few minutes, just until the dressing thickens.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve topped with a little chopped parsley or Parmesan cheese, if desired.