1 package of puffed pastry
350g of canned tuna
5 medium sized potatoes
3 medium ripe tomatoes
1 medium purple onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cloves of garlic
Oregano (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Béchamel sauce - see recipe here (at bottom)
Grated cheese (to taste)
A few drops of lemon juice
Salt (to taste)
Vegetable oil for frying
1. Shred the tuna and season with oregano, pepper and chopped garlics. Set aside.
2. Peel, wash the potatoes and cut them into small cubes. Fry them in hot oil. When they are fried place them on a platter over absorbent paper.
3. Meanwhile in a pan, place the olive oil, chopped onions and the tomatoes cut into chunks. Allow to saute over low heat until the tomatoes start to break down. Add the tuna, stir and leave to cook over low heat about five minutes.
4. Place the fried potatoes in the pan, mix them with the tuna and set aside.
5. With a wire whisk, mix the béchamel along with the egg and a few drops of lemon. Set aside.
6. Line a pie pan with the puff pastry. Place the previous mixture over the pastry, cover with the béchamel mixture, and sprinkle with grated cheese.
7. Bring to preheated oven at 180ºC about 20 to 25 minutes until slightly toasted on top.
This recipe makes 2 small pies or one gigantic pie depending on what kind of pie pans you have.