2 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
4 chillie peppers chopped
4 cloves garlic minced
1/2+ cup green peas
1/2+ cup french beans chopped
1 large carrot finely chopped
1 small cauliflower chopped
1 green bell pepper sliced
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder/flakes
2 tbsp curd or use shredded
2 tomatoes chopped
1 cup cottage cheese (paneer)
cubes or cup some ricotta
2 tsp coriander powder
3/4th tsp Garam masala powder
Juice from 1 lemon
A pinch of red-orange food
color or saffron
- Wash and boil the rice with little amount of salt. Drain and keep aside.
- Melt the butter in a deep shaped pan.
- Add cumin seeds, allow them to crackle.
- Now add chillies and garlic. Saute for few seconds.
- Add all the chopped vegetables, except tomatoes.
- Add salt, red chilli powder/flakes.
- Fry all the veggies on low heat for 2-3 minutes by stirring continuously.
- Now add curd and chopped tomatoes.
- Mix well and again cook for 3 minutes
- Now add the cubes of Paneer/Ricotta, coriander powder, and Garam masala powder. Cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the boiled rice, spread the lemon juice and food color/saffron all over the rice.
- Mix well and leave to cook for 3-4 more minutes.