Vegetable mixture: small cubed carrots,
peas, etc. (what have you?)
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
breasts, cubed into bite size pieces
4 medium tart apples, peeled and cubed
1 medium red onion, chopped
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
4 medium potatoes, cubed
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1-1/4 cups apple apple juice
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- In a slow cooker, layer potatoes, carrots etc. & onion.
- Combine salt, thyme and pepper; sprinkle half over vegetables.
- In a skillet, saute chicken in oil until browned; transfer to slow cooker.
- Top with apple.
- Combine apple juice and vinegar; pour over chicken and apple mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining salt mixture.
- Top with bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender and chicken juices run clear.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Stir before serving.