Fresh mozzarella balls or any
Fresh basil leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the tomatoes in half as straight across the diameter as you can.
- Insert the toothpick through one half of a tomato and slide it up the toothpick.
- Skewer a cheese ball and slide it up the toothpick until it is touching the tomato.
- Place one small basil leaf (or a piece of a large leaf onto the skewer).
- Then insert the toothpick as straight as possible into the second half of the tomato so that the tomato makes a base for the remainder of the toothpick.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Serve cold.