1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
24 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
3 tablespoons shortening
- Line a 9-in. square baking pan with foil and grease the foil.
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, pecans and butter.
- Press into prepared pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Freeze overnight.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Using foil, lift cheesecake out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut cheesecake into 1-1/4-in. squares.
- Work with a few pieces at a time for dipping; keep remaining squares refrigerated until ready to dip. Using a toothpick, completely dip squares, one at a time, in melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- Spoon additional chocolate over the tops if necessary to coat. (Reheat chocolate if needed to finish dipping.)
- Let stand for 20 minutes or until set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Yield: 49 squares.