1 TB toasted sesame oil
1 TB finely minced ginger
1-2 tsp red curry paste
Splash of lemon juice
1 can full-fat coconut milk
2 TB soy sauce
1 TB brown sugar
5 large basil leaves, cut chiffonade
White fish fillet or two
baby corn or frozen corn
plus whatever you have on hand
To serve (optional)
noodles or rice
- To make the sauce, warm the toasted sesame oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add in the minced ginger and allow to soften for 1-2 minutes, adding a little more sesame oil if it starts to stick.
- Add in the curry paste and stir until it liquefies.
- Add in the lemon juice and stir again, then pour in the coconut milk.
- Add in the soy sauce, brown sugar and fresh basil, stir, then increase the heat to medium.
- Once it comes to a small simmer, turn off the heat and give it a stir, but leave it on the burner.
- Quick fry your fish. Remove from heat and cut into bite size pieces.
- Stir fry your veggies or cook any way you choose. If stir frying, add fish at the end and drizzling a little of the warm sauce over it.
- Distribute rice or noodles into bowls.
- Top with the vegetables/fish, and drizzle with extra sauce to taste.