1 cup plus 4 Tbs of full fat coconut milk
1/4 tsp of salt
cocoa powder for dusting
- Chop the chocolate coarsely and put it in a heat proof bowl. Set it aside.
- Grease a small loaf or brownie pan with non dairy (soy) margarine.
- Line the greased pan with parchment paper. Let the paper gap over the sides by about an inch. Set it aside.
- In a small pot heat the coconut milk and salt mixture until it just starts to boil. Steam should be coming off the coconut milk but no bubbles should be popping.
- Pour the hot coconut milk over the chopped chocolate in the bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes take a metal spoon and making quick circular stirring movements, start at the center of the bowl and blend everything together.
- Mix it together for about 3 to 4 minutes. The chocolate should be dark, shiny and well blended when you're done. Pour the blended chocolate into the parchment lined pan.
- Press a piece of plastic wrap down on the surface to prevent the chocolate from forming a skin and put it into the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours or overnight.