about 1/2-inch diameter and 1-inch long (no need to peel)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
salt and pepper, to taste Plus pinch Jerk or Creole
seasoning, cayenne, chili powder, etc. optional and to taste
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup Panko or homemade breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F, line a baking sheet with parchment or spray with cooking spray.
- Slice the zucchini into approximately 1/2-inch diameter and 1-inch long segments and transfer to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper, plus any optional seasonings or spices, and toss to coat evenly; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, add the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, and stir to combine; set aside.
- Using your hands or a slotted spoon, add some of the floured zucchini pieces to the eggs for a quick dunk.
- Remove zucchini from eggs and transfer to breadcrumb mixture.
- Toss with hands or a spoon to coat evenly.
- Place zucchini on prepared baking tray, spaced evenly and without touching. You want the oven air to circulate freely on all pieces so they get as crispy as possible.
- Repeat battering process with remaining zucchini and place on baking tray. The process is messy and not every piece will be evenly coated and breaded - that's just fine.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Serve with ketchup or your favourite dip or Wasabi Dip
- To make Wasabi dip, combine sour cream and Wasabi, powder or paste, to taste.