|Berries above are dried cranberries|
reconstituted overnight with a
sprinkling of sugar
8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Almond Extract
2-3 Tbsp Sugar
1 1/2 cup Berries, fresh or frozen (cut into bite
size pieces if need be) -- (you may
sprinkle sugar on berries & leave overnight
or not -- depending on your sweetness
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out thawed puff pastry into a 12x9" rectangle.
- Cut in half lengthwise, yielding 2 4-½" strips. Cut those two strips crosswise into thirds, to yield six 4x4 ½" pieces.
- With a knife, score ½" border around the edge of each piece of puff pastry.
- Use a fork to make five or six pricks into the dough within the border of each piece. This will help keep the middle of each piece from rising.
- In a bowl, stir together softened cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and almond extract.
- Spoon about 2-3 heaping tablespoons of mixture into the middle of each piece of dough and spread around evenly, ensuring the mix stays within the borders.
- Into the middle of the cream cheese, add berries and press down into the cream cheese lightly so they set in place.
- Fold edges over onto cream cheese/berry mixture.
- Use a flipper to get each danish to the parchment lined pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown, on the middle rack.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or room temperature.