1¼ cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
¼ cup honey
1½ sticks (12 tablespoons) melted,
3 tablespoons ranch dressing, divided
½ teaspoon salt
3-3½ cups all-purpose flour
1 pound thick cut bacon, precooked
5 ounces fresh shredded Parmesan
- In the bowl add yeast, warm milk and honey.
- Swirl to dissolve the yeast.
- Allow to sit until the yeast starts to bubble and becomes aromatic, about 5 minutes.
- Using dough hook, add 4 Tbsp melted butter, 2 Tbsp ranch dressing and salt.
- Mix on low until combined.
- Add 2 cups of flour, mix on low, until smooth.
- Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (about 1 additional cup).
- Add bacon.
- Knead on medium for about 5 minutes.
- You should have a ball of tacky dough at this point.
- Turn onto a floured counter top; knead a few turns.
- Form dough into a ball.
- Cover with a dry towel and allow the dough to rest while you set up the butter mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl combine remaining 1 stick of melted butter, 1 tablespoon ranch dressing, and ½ of the shredded cheese.
- Stir to combine.
- Next, quarter the ball of dough.
- Roll each quarter into a fat log.
- Cut that into 3 parts.
- Roll each part into a log and cut into 4 pieces.
- When you are done you will have 48 pieces.
- Place pieces of cut dough into the butter mixture and stir to coat.
- Continue adding pieces until all the dough pieces are in the butter mixture.
- Stir to coat completely.
- Evenly spread dough balls out on a 9”x12” baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover with plastic and place in a warm location and allow dough to rise for 1 hour, until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, check bread at 15 minutes if it is golden brown already, cover it with aluminum foil and bake for 5-10 minutes until all of the bread pieces are cooked through.