2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/3 cup chopped red onion
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons ground
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2.5 pounds boneless, skinless
chicken thighs, cut into bite
2 cans coconut milk, chilled
2 tablespoons cornstarch
4 cups frozen mixed vegetables
(broccoli, carrots, peppers,
3 heaping teaspoons of Patak
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and coconut oil.
- Add the garlic, ginger and red onion.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the pepper, cumin, turmeric and salt and mix in.
- Add the chicken pieces and lightly brown it on all sides.
- Allow the chicken to get coated with the spice mixture.
- Place the chicken and spices in the bottom of a slow cooker. Pour the coconut milk overtop the chicken reserving a little to mix with the cornstarch.
- Once mixed, add cornstarch mixture to the crockpot and stir thoroughly
- Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Add the vegetables and Patak at this time stir and then cook for an additional 2 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve over rice.