leftover cooked vegetables (whatever)
mushrooms, ham, bacon, etc. all finely
onion or chives finely chopped
salt and pepper
1 or 2 egg, lightly beaten to a foam
2 -3 tablespoons oil
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Finely chop vegetables, meats, onions or chives and mix with grated cheese and mashed potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In 3 shallow bowls place flour in one, beat your egg(s) in another, and have your breadcrumbs in the third.
- Roll the mixture into balls and then dip first in flour, then in the egg and finally roll in breadcrumbs.
- Croquettes must then be put in a baking dish, which has the oil spread around in it, and set in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, turn the croquettes over and bake another 10 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.