chicken breast, cut into bite
1 pound bacon
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon chili flakes
Sweet & Sour Sauce
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons red wine
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 375 and place the rack into the middle position.
- Line a large sheet pan with foil. Place a cooling rack (like for cookies) in the pan. Alternately, use a large broiler pan.
- Mix the ingredients for the Spicy Seasoning in a smallish bowl.
- Mix the Sweet & Sour Sauce together in a small bowl.
- Cut the chicken into bite size and season liberally with the garlic salt and pepper.
- Cut the whole pack of bacon into halfs.
- Take as many as will fit and place your chicken pieces in the Spicy Seasoning, coating on all sides.
- Then wrap each piece of chicken with a bacon slice and place on the cooling rack seam side down.
- When all pieces are on the rack, then using a pastry brush, brush each piece with the Sweet & Sour Sauce.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes, then place under the broiler for 5-7 minutes, turn the bacon chicken bites over and broil for another 5-8 minutes.