4 boneless chicken breast
1/2 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
1 cup fresh basil
1-3 clove garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 ounces brie, cubed
2 ounces cream cheese
3 eggs (1 & 2)
1/2 teaspoon salt + pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
3/4 cup apricot preserves
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Panko bread crumbs
1/2 pound small red and purple
1/2 pound cut up broccoli
1/2 pound cut up cauliflower
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place deboned, de-skinned chicken breasts on a large sheet of saran wrap, over top of a kitchen towel.
- Pound each breast with a gavel or some such thing until about twice the size.
- Place walnuts, basil and garlic in food processor and slowly add the olive oil until mixture becomes paste like.
- Next add brie, cream cheese and egg to the food processor and pulse until mixed well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread about 1-2 tablespoons (depending on the size of your chicken) of pesto mixture on each breast.
- Place 2 eggs in shallow bowl and mix.
- Place panco breadcrumbs into another bowl.
- OK... here it gets messy. Have you pan ready.
- Roll each breast around the pesto, then dip in egg wash and then cover with panco breadcrumbs. Place each chicken roll around your large sheet pan.
- Add the potatoes & veggies in various spots around the chicken on your sheet pan.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil. Add salt, pepper, garlic and lemon zest.
- OK - messy over - you can now wash your hands.
- In a bowl, combine the apricot preserves, balsamic and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spoon the mixture all over the chicken breasts.
- Roast in the oven for 40-60 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes golden.