1 large egg
1/2 cup sliced green onions or
1/2 cup panko or homemade bread
salt and pepper and what-have-you?
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute then immediately shock with cold tap water or an ice bath.
- Drain very, very well.
- Run broccoli through a food processor or chop finely and then mix throughly with the egg, green onions/chives, cheddar, and panko.
- Season generously with salt and pepper and maybe other spices you may have on hand ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Scoop about 1.5 tablespoons of mix into your hands and shape into a tater-tot shape. It helps if you keep your hands wet while you’re shaping. Or... you can use a small ice cream scoop to do the job.
- Place on your prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all the tots are made.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy, 18-20 minutes, turning the sheet half way.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy hot with ketchup or sriracha or other dipping sauces.