1 large chopped onion
3 cloves garlic crushed /
1/2 lb mushrooms chopped
1 zucchini chopped
1 cup of frozen corn
1 bell pepper, any colour,
3 fresh tomatoes, chopped.
1 lb ground meat of your choice,
or thinly sliced chicken or pork
fillet, or for vegetarians,
ground soya meat
1 boullion cube (flavour
depending on meat you used)
plus 1-1/2 cups hot water
(you can use broth [your
choice] with the equivalent liquid measure)
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Salt & Pepper.
Please note, you can also add any other of your favourite spices or herbs, i.e. I usually add a
teaspoon of cajun or taco spice
1 cup uncooked pasta
1 cup grated cheese
Handful of fresh Basil Leaves
- Peel & chop onion, garlic and other vegetables, then add to a pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Lightly cook until the veggies are softer.
- Add your meat and cook for a bit, stirring the pan with the other ingredients.
- Add the remaining ingredients (includes RAW pasta) EXCEPT the basil leaves. When you add the liquid / stock, the amount should be enough to cover the surface. If it isn't, add some hot water to top it up.
- Stir it all together and leave to simmer on a low heat until the pasta is cooked.
- If you need more liquid / hot water, add a little until it is the consistency is as you like it.
- Turn off the heat and add cheese.
- Just before serving tear the basil leaves into the sauce and give it a little stir.
- Have a taste to see if you need more salt & pepper.
- Add more cheese to the top after serving if desired.