1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup warm (not hot) water
2 1/2 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tbsp basil leave chopped
1 tbsp thyme chopped
Small onion chopped
2 - 4 garlic cloves
Small green peppers chopped
2 tbsp parsley finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 small can tomato paste
1/2 - 3/4 cup Grated Cheddar (or what have you?)
- In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into the tray in rectangular shape.
- Place 1 tablespoon of olive oil in small pot. Add basil, thyme, onion, minced garlic, green peppers, parsley and salt & pepper. Cook on high heat for just a couple of minutes. Add tomato paste and stir just until mixed.
- Spread the tomato paste evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle more herbs on top if desired.
- Roll up the dough from the long side and cut each roll evenly.
- Arrange them on the tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm with any choice of dips if you like.