1/4 cup crushed cookies (your choice!)
30 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
16 ounces cream cheese – softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 lemon – zested and juiced
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Butter a 10” springform pan. Add crushed cookies just to coat. Tap off excess. Set aside.
- Mix together ricotta, cream cheese, and sugar until well combined and creamy in consistency. Add flour and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add: eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined and then pour mixture into prepared springform pan.
- Place largest pan that you have that will fit in bottom of oven filled with water.
- Place sprinform pan on higher level and bake in 425 F (220 C) oven for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 250 F (120 C) and bake for 35 (or more) minutes until you are able to insert a knife into the centre of the cheesecake and have it come out clean.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator to chill for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Top with fresh fruit, pie filling or jam prior to serving.