removed, and cut into medium
4 medium cloves of garlic,
3 medium carrots, peeled and
cut into smallish chunks
1 largish zucchini cut into bite
1/3 cup slivered (or sliced)
4ish tablespoons extra virgin
olive oil, divided
freshly ground black pepper
1-1/2 cup smallish sized pasta
freshly squeezed lemon juice
from one largish lemon
2 ounces finely grated tangy-ish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a large baking sheet, toss the broccoli florets, sliced/diced garlic, carrots & zucchini, and sliced almonds with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the mixture tossing them every every 10 minutes or so, for 20 - 40 minutes or until lightly caramelized and fork tender. Add a little more olive oil while cooking if it seems necessary.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until al dente, stirring occasionally, and drain. Rinse the pasta immediately with cold water until cool, and then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the roasted (and slightly cooled) vegetable mixture, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, fresh lemon juice, and cheese and toss well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.