for drizzling, if desired
1 medium onion, diced (about
4 medium carrots, diced (about
1 1/2 cup)
2 stalks celery, diced (about
1 medium clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground
1 medium or 2 small zucchini,
1 (14-ounce) can diced
Got any other veggies hanging
around? Add those too!
4 cups vegetable broth
1 1/2 cups white beans (such as cannellini) or pinto beans (or 1 [15-ounce] can)
1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Set a large saucepan over medium heat.
- When hot, add the olive oil.
- Add the onion, carrots, and celery and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- While these veggies cook, chop the garlic, zucchini, parsley, (other veggies), and add.
- Add the garlic, thyme, salt, and black pepper and cook, stirring, for one more minute.
- Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth, and beans.
- Increase heat to medium-high. As soon as the soup comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered until the zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in red wine vinegar.
- Taste and add additional salt and pepper if desired.