2.25 teaspoons active dry
yeast (one envelope)
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup warm water
2.5 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon Worcestershire
1 tablespoon ketchup
2/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1-1/2 - 2 cups cheddar or mozzarella cheese or both, shredded
6 slices bacon, crumbled
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
1/4 cup dill pickle slices and then cut into bite pieces
- Brown ground beef over medium heat in large pan. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and 1 tablespoon ketchup and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Cook bacon until ready to crumble. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt and oil.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Lightly oil pizza pan to avoid sticking.
- Using oiled hands, press dough onto pizza pan.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread 2/3 cup of ketchup over crust to act as a pizza sauce.
- Dot mayonnaise over ketchup and then spread with back of dotting spoon.
- Spread browned ground beef over crust and then crumble bacon and spread over ground beef.
- Spread tomatoes and dill pickles and then sprinkle cheese over everything.
- Bake for 20 minutes, cut into slices and serve.