3 medium cloves garlic, minced
1/3 - 3/4 teaspoon chili flakes
2 (14.5-ounce) cans of diced
4 cups cooked black beans
(or 2 [15-ounce cans] black
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup raisins
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups diced ripe mango (from
about 2 large mangoes)
Additional salt and pepper, to taste
See meat & dairy options below*
- Add all ingredients except the mangoes and additional salt and pepper to a 3-quart or larger Crock Pot. Stir gently to combine.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours (or on high for 4-6 hours).
- Stir in the mango, cover, and cook for another 10 minutes or so - just enough to warm the mangoes. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Scoop into large bowls and top individual servings with an assortment of toppings*.
*Dairy & Meat Options:
- Top with a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt and shredded Jack cheese.
- Add chicken or pork cut up into bite size servings with the rest of the ingredients or add cooked shredded chicken or pork to individual servings
- Lime wedges (for squeezing over the top of individual servings)
- Diced avocado
- Sliced scallions
- Chopped mango
- Halved cherry tomatoes