deveined and chopped into
as tiny pieces as you can
1 large egg
A bunch of chives scissored
into tiny pieces
1/2 tablespoon of
1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
1 teaspoon of your favourite
1/2 teaspoon of salt
A pinch of ground black pepper
1 cup of homemade bread
crumbs (save crusts in
freezer until you have a bag full, dry in oven -- (turn on heat
until you can smell, then turn off heat and wait until oven cool, and then turn on heat
again... and repeat until chunks of bread are dry... then grind in food processor.
Come on... waste not want not -- and they taste way better (!) and are heftier than
store bought bread crumbs)
2 tablespoon of peanut, vegetable oil, or cold pressed coconut oil
- In a large bowl combine shrimp, egg, chives, ginger, mustard, hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Add 1 cup of bread crumbs to the bowl and combine using your hands.
- Place in fridge overnight or for a few hours (what are you making them for?) with a piece plastic wrap right over top of the mixture. You don't have to do this step -- but it's way easier to form patties if you do.
- Form mixture into patties.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, fry cakes until cooked through and golden brown on both sides, adding more oil to skillet as needed, about 6 minutes.
- Yummy! No... honest... truly yummy!