1/2 cup wilted, and drained
& chopped Spinach,
1/4 cup Sun Dried Tomato,
1/2 cup Artichokes, chopped
4 leaves Basil, sliced
1/4 cup Feta Crumbles
1/4 cup Cream Cheese,
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- Remove chicken from the fridge at least 20 minutes before cooking to let the chicken come up to temperature and take the chill off for even cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine spinach, artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese, cream cheese, and basil. Gently spoon the filling under the skin of the chicken and pull the skin taught over the chicken securely. Season the skin of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In an oven proof skillet (like cast iron or stainless steel), preheat olive oil in the pan over medium high heat on the stove. While the oil is heating, prepare chicken. Season all sides of the chicken thighs with seasoning.
- Place chicken, skin side down, into the pan in the oil. Cook chicken for several minutes until the chicken is dark golden brown and crispy - about 4 minutes. Using tongs, turn the chicken over and cook on the other side until dark golden brown.
- Pour the chicken stock into the bottom of the pan and carefully cover the pan with aluminum foil or a lid and place in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 160 degrees.
- Remove and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.