1 lb. Italian sausage, browned
3 cups chicken stock
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 medium onion, diced
3 large potatoes, peeled and
cut into cubes
2 cups kale, diced
1 can full fat coconut milk,
1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
1 cup of cream
- Place the cooked and crumbled bacon into the slow cooker.
- Add the Italian sausage, chicken stock, garlic, onion, potatoes, and red pepper flakes to the slow cooker.
- Cover and simmer on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-6 hours or until the potatoes are tender.
- With 30 minutes left, add the kale to the slow cooker. Cover and allow the kale to cook for 30 minutes.
- Five minutes before serving, open the can of refrigerated coconut cream and add to the slow cooker along with the cup of cream.