sweet potatoes, carrots, bell
peppers, celery, onions,
turnips, parsnips, any type
of potato, broccoli, bok choy,
Brussels sprouts, cauliflower,
peapods, or any veggie you
have on hand)
1/2 c applesauce (or puree an
apple, skin and all, in your
1/2 c water
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp seasoning mix (your choice)
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 c brown sugar
2 tbsp soy sauce
Optional: season to your taste preference with garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and others
1/2 c green beans chopped and previously cooked
- Set on to boil your green beans.
- Directions: Spray non-stick skillet with cooking spray and add the vegetables.
- Cook, covered on high heat, for about 5 minutes.
- While they are cooking, combine all remaining ingredients (except green beens) in a bowl and stir.
- Add mixture to the vegetables and stir to coat.
- Reduce to medium-low or low heat and allow vegetables to simmer for another 5-10 minutes or until tender. Sauce will reduce and thicken.
- Add in green beans, stir, and serve.