4 oz coarsely grated cheese, plus extra to sprinkle on top
8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
(chopped peppers, what-
10 - 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
3 large grilled pork sausages,
6 large slices bacon
2 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, or
chives, or green onion, finely
salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chopped into bite size pieces the bacon & pork sausages and then pan fry in a non-stick frying pan until bacon crisp. Drain on kitchen towels.
- Add the sliced mushrooms (peppers, what-have-you) in the same pan as the bacon and cook for 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven grill to medium hot (about 180C/350F).
- Lightly beat the eggs, grated cheese and the chopped green together in a bowl. Season with a little salt and black pepper.
- Spray deep-dish oven capable pan with Pam or oil lightly and heat on the stove.
- Add a half of the egg mixture into the skillet and as soon as it starts to cook, layer some mushrooms, sliced cooked sausage/bacon and tomatoes over the top.
- Continue to cook until the middle starts to set, adding the rest of the beaten eggs on top.
- Layer the remaining bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and sausages over the top, letting them sink into the eggs.
- Once the frittata is set at the edges with a wobble in the middle, sprinkle with a little finely grated cheese and transfer to the oven and cook for a further 20-30 minutes or until set.
- Leave the frittata in the skillet for 10 minutes (it will remain piping hot) and then remove with a spatula onto a warmed plate.
- Serve immediately or leave to cool completely before eating.