2 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
¾ cup 2% milk
⅔ cup olive oil
¾ cup sliced sun-dried
3/4 cup cup mozzarella cheese
(can be cut into cubes or
¼ cup of pesto
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, and olive oil. Whisk well until combined.
- Pour the flour mixture into the eggs mixture and stir until just combined. Do not overmix or the bread will become tough.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella & pesto, and stir until just combined.
- Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Scoop the batter into the pan and smooth the top.
- Bake until the top is light golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted into the centre comes out dry, 30 to 35 minutes. (Almost an hour high in the Andes in Ecuador)
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove the bread from the pan, and cool completely on a wire rack. Slice and serve.