and cut in half or thirds
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 can (about 7 oz) sweetened
2 cups heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup of thawed whipped topping
or from a pressurized can
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In large bowl, toss together the strawberries, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar. Spread evenly over the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Once the strawberries have cooled, beat together the coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, vanilla, and ricotta in a large bowl until nice and creamy - about 3-4 minutes.
- Fold in the 1/2 cup of of thawed whipped topping or 1/2 cup pressurized whipped cream.
- Then blend in half of the roasted strawberries together with juices left over from the baking.
- Transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze for 2 hours, stirring with a rubber or silicone spatula once each hour.
- After 2 hours of freezing time, fold in the remaining roasted strawberries.
- Freeze overnight.