Using one of those small tart pans, there are essentially 3 layers: (1) base (2) middle, and (3) toppings
For the base I have used:
- soft tortillas cut to size or
- wonton wrappers or
- puffed pastry or...
For the middle:
- pizza sauce or
- pesto sauce or
- salsa or
- hot sriracha type sauce and/or...
- thinly diced green onion, scallions or chives
- minuscule diced pieces of tomato
- red bell pepper, diced
- diced ham, salami and/or ham and/or...
And for the top:
- pepper jack cheese or what-ever-you-have-at-home!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place base in each small tart pocket and then fill up tart pocket with your choice of middle ingredients (be experimental!) -- then top with cheese!
- Bake at 375 for 11-13-20 minutes until cups are heated through and edges are golden.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.