Salt to taste
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp mustard
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole
2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup chopped green onion
Tabasco or other hot sauce to taste
- Every once in a while we buy a "Broaster chicken" at the grocery store. We then eat a leg and a thigh and a slice or two of white meat and save the rest, for the next day, and this (and similar) recipes.
- Alternatively, you can set a 2-quart pot of well salted water over high heat. As the water heats to a boil, cut the raw chicken breasts into large (2 1/2-inch) chunks. When the water boils, add the chicken. Turn off the heat and cover the pot. Let sit for 15 minutes or more while you prepare everything else.
- In a large bowl, mix the mayo, mustard, vinegar, paprika, and Cajun seasoning.
- Mix in the eggs, celery, green pepper, green onion.
- Add diced left over Broaster Chicken or...
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken from the poaching water and dice it.
- Mix the chicken in with the remaining ingredients.
- Add salt and hot sauce to taste.
- Chill before serving.
- Serve under lettuce between two pieces of absolutely decadent white bread.