2 cups green beans
2 cups cauliflower, sliced
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Cut carrots into julienne strips.
- Cut green beans into bite size pieces.
- Slice cauliflower.
- In saucepan of already boiling water, cook carrots and beans, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Add cauliflower; cook covered 2 minutes more.
- Drain well.
- In a large cup or bowl, stir 1/2 cup cold water into the cornstarch; add in soy sauce, orange juice, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat; add oil. Stir-fry carrots, beans, cauliflower and mushrooms 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir soy mixture into wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes more. Serve as a side dish or over rice.