3 ounces cream cheese, room
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup shredded sweetened
1 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium sized bowl combine the butter, cream cheese and sugar together and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add in yolk, vanilla, salt and baking soda and continue mixing until combined.
- Turn mixer to low and add in flour, mixing until just incorporated. Add in the coconut and chocolate.
- Batter will be somewhat dry.
- Form into a tube shape and wrap with plastic wrap.
- Chill the dough for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To bake cookies, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray pan with Pam.
- Cut dough and then form into golf ball size shapes.
- Bake cookies for 12 - 20 (i.e. keep an eye on them) minutes until the edges are golden and the centers are set.