1 cup pineapple juice divided
1 cup cream of coconut divided
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sweetish vinegar (rice-wine/strawberry/apple)
1 lbs boneless chicken breasts cut into strips
1 cup flour
1 salt and pepper to taste
1 egg beaten
1 - 2 cups shredded coconut
1 cup peanut or coconut or sesame oil (up to 1 cup)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. In a large bowl mix 1/4 C of pineapple juice, 1/4 C of cream of coconut, soy sauce, brown sugar and wine vinegar.
2. Add chicken strips and allow to marinate, covered in refrigerator a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
3. In a pie plate, combine flour, salt and pepper.
4. In a bowl beat eggs and mix with 1/4 C cream of coconut.
5. In another bowl pour half of shredded coconut.
6. Coat chicken strips first in flour, next in egg mixture and finally in shredded coconut. (When shredded coconut gets clumpy, add more.)
7. In a deep skillet, heat oil (enough to just cover the bottom of skillet) over medium heat.
8. Once oil is hot, cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side, taking care not to over cook coconut.
9. Remove chicken and drain any leftover oil.
10. Place 1/2 C pineapple juice and 1/2 C cream of coconut and heavy whipping cream in pan.
11. Cook until thick, scraping drippings from bottom of the skillet.
12. Pour sauce over chicken strips or use it for a dipping sauce.