1/4 cup strongly brewed
coffee + 1 tbsp sugar mixed
in, then cooled
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 oz mascarpone cheese or*
4 oz cream cheese & spoonful
of sour cream
8 oz ricotta cheese
1 1/2 cups whipped topping,
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled
2 tsp cocoa powder
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the 2 tbsp sugar, vanilla extract, mascarpone* cheese, and ricotta cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the whipped topping and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Arrange half of the ladyfingers in the bottom of a 9x9 inch baking pan.
- Brush the ladyfingers with about half of the coffee/sugar mixture.
- Spread half of the ricotta/mascarpone cheese mixture over the ladyfingers in the dish.
- Top with half of the sliced strawberries.
- Cover with the remaining ladyfingers; then brush the second layer of ladyfingers with the remaining coffee mixture.
- Top with the remaining ricotta/mascarpone cheese mixture.
- Sift the cocoa powder over top, and then arrange the remaining strawberry slices on top.
- Sprinkle with additional mini chocolate chips, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- You can cover and refrigerate any leftovers for up to 3 days.