1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons taco
seasoning (see below)
1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped
green chiles, drained
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
1/2 cup bisquick
mix (see below)
3/4 cup shredded Monterey
Jack or Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef and onion until ground beef is brown and cooked through. Remove from heat and drain. Add in taco seasoning and stir to combine. Stir in green chilies and spoon seasoned beef into prepared pie plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, eggs and bisquick mix, whisking until well combined. Pour into pie plate directly over beef.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Serve with shredded lettuce, sour cream, tomatoes and salsa.
Homemade bisquick Mix
1 cup (125 g) flour
1 1/2 teaspoons (8 g) baking powder
1/4 teaspoon (pinch) salt
1 tablespoon (15 g) shortening, oil, or melted butter
- Stir together and keep in jar.
Homemade Taco and Chili Seasoning
4 tablespoons of chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons paprika
2 tablespoons ground cumin
3 teaspoons sea salt
4 teaspoons black pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, oregano, paprika, ground cumin, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.