1 cup broccoli florets
20 large basil leaves
¼ cup pine nuts
¼ cup parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
5 - 10 garlic cloves
¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1-½ cups cubed, cooked
- Boil water and cook the noodles according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, combine broccoli florets and basil leaves in a food processor or blender, and pulse until the broccoli and basil are chopped very finely.
- Add the pine nuts to the food processor and continue to pulse until they are also chopped very finely.
- Add the parmesan cheese, salt, lemon juice, and garlic, and process until well combined.
- Taste to decide if more garlic or salt is needed.
- Add the olive oil and process until mixture is smooth. Add more olive oil if needed.
- When the noodles are done, drain and return to the pot.
- Add the pesto and cooked chicken cubes and stir until noodles and chicken are coated.