1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
2 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup sugar
2 whole large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup dried cranberries
1/3 (heaping) cup coarsely chopped pecans
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray cookie pan with Pam.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Cream the butter until light in color then add the sugars and blend until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each one.
- Measure and add in vanilla.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture, a little at a time.
- Do not over mix.
- Mix in oats, cranberries, chopped pecans and chocolate chips.
- With wet hands, shape the cookie dough into small golf ball size shapes and place about an inch apart onto a prepared baking pan.
- Put extra on a plate to be rotated into the oven when it's their turn.
- Place your pan on the middle rack in your preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Once baked, cool for one minute before transferring to a wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining dough.