2 tablespoons brown sugar
½ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon cloves
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 + 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1½ lbs. boneless skinless
- Combine all the spices, brown sugar, and 1 tbsp oil in a small bowl.
- Preheat a skillet or grill to high heat.
- Rub the spice mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Transfer the spice-rubbed chicken breasts to the hot grill.
- Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, until the exterior is very deep, dark brown and the inside is no longer pink.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5-10 minutes to let the juices soak in before cutting.