½ cup pepperoni, cut into bite
24 oz can pasta sauce
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
2 TB sugar
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
13 oz dry rotini pasta
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large oven-proof pot, brown sausage over medium high heat, breaking it up as you brown, 3-5 min.
- Stir in half of the pepperoni until heated through, 1 min.
- Add pasta sauce, diced tomato with juices, sugar, onion, powder, garlic powder, oregano, and basil.
- Add 1¾ cups water, stir well, and add salt/pepper to taste.
- Add pasta and stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil.
- Immediately cover and reduce to simmer. Simmer until pasta is tender, about 14 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Top with mozzarella, parmesan, and remaining pepperoni.
- Place into oven, uncovered, and broil 1-2 min or just until cheese melts and bubbles.