1 cup each diced bell pepper
and chopped onion
2 cups corn kernels (canned,
fresh, or frozen)
1 teaspoon salt
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup canned black beans,
12 oz (2 cups) cooked chicken,
chopped or shredded
1 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
24 wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Generously coat 6 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is very hot, carefully add the onions, bell peppers, salt.
- If you’re using frozen corn, add it now. If you’re using canned or fresh corn, add it later with the beans.
- Cook the veggies, stirring occasionally, until slightly blackened on the edges, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add the minced garlic, and stir until fragrant and well incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- Add the beans, chicken, and pepper. Stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place a wonton wrapper in the bottom of each cup in the prepared muffin tin.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of chicken mixture and top with about 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Layer on one more wonton wrapper, chicken mixture, and cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 - 15 minutes, until heated through and edges are golden.
- Makes 12 cups.